Thursday, September 16, 2010

Re-Release of Ico & Shadow of the Colossus

I looked online at Kotaku today and I was met with the some superb news. The re-release of Ico & Shadow of The Colossus for PS3! There is nothing better than being able to view old classics remastered in HD. Again, it will be released in the original Japanese version as well as in English.

Knowing that there have been a slew of re-release promises for the PS3, I had actually already entertained the idea of Colossus coming out again. Even for PS2 graphics Colossus is a beautifully rendered game. I remember at that time thinking, "How can games get more beautiful than this?!" Colossus was also my first action/adventure/puzzle game I ever played so it has a special place in my heart.

I feel like the re-release of old PS2 games is a very smart idea for its creators. Gamers have nostalgia and  I feel would be very likely to pick up what was already a beautiful, well-engineered game and have a second go at it in HD on the PS3.

Bravo!

To see clips of Ico & Shadow of the Colossus in HD, click below:
Release of Ico & Shadow of the Colossus

No comments:

Post a Comment